Fudgy Brownies with Almond Flakes
Its this dark body which moved in like a smooth criminal into my life and then we got addicted !!
Through happy memories like a birthday cake, a sweet munchie post school, in college under my desk and then as a grown up - I paired you with wine. Dear dark sweetness , we've both seen some good and bad times together. But sadly I always have to finish you up :p Oh Yummmm Chocolat !!
Anyone who has tasted my baking goodies, totally loves my brownies . I like them rich, smothered in coverture chocolate, loaded with nuts, with a crisp layer on the top and a gooey centre. How is this recipe different from the previous one that I've shared here you ask? Well, this has no butter, is made with a mix of almond flour, almond flakes and APF. If you like your brownies warm, fudgy and plain with no sogginess from an ice cream. Cause why kill that chocolaty flavours?? You'd know what Im talking about here, if you lurrrve dark chocolates :) And with the current weather which Bengaluru is blessed with, it's perfect to relish this warm gooey goodness and a nice tall glass of vino. What say?
So, like my all recipes here. This one is simple, easy to conjure and super yummy of course. Do use a good quality coverture chocolate. I prefer Van Houten, which is easily available in most baking supplies store here. Also ensure the almond flakes are nicely done , its good to buy the packaged stuff since I have never got slicing of an almond right.
1 Cup - All purpose flour/Maida
1/2 cup - Almond meal
1/4 cup - Almond flakes
4 tbsp - Sunflower oil
2 eggs - whisked well
1/2 cup - Milk
1 tsp - Vanilla essence
1/4 cup - Hershey's Cocoa powder
1 cup - Melted dark chocolate (Compound/Coverture)
1/2 tsp - Baking powder
1/2 tsp - Baking powder
1/2 cup - Castor sugar (adjust basis taste preference, since chocolate already has some sugar in it)
A pinch of salt
Butter for greasing the parchment paper lining your baking mould.
1. Chop the cooking chocolate, place it in a microwave safe bowl. Add oil and let it heat for 2 mins, mix well to form a thick liquid.
2. Beat 2 whole eggs & vanilla essence with a whisk, until they are fluffy.
3. To the above mixture, add melted chocolate and stir well.
4.Pre heat oven at 180C for 10mins and line your baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
5. Sieve all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & powder with a pinch of salt - i.e your dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients including almond meal and flakes to the wet mixture.
6. Pour the batter into your baking pan, garnish with some more almond flakes and let it bake for 20-25mins.
7. Let it cool completely before cutting into pieces.
Serve warm with some chocolate sauce, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. But I prefer it as is :)