Wheat cupcakes with Nutella swirls
These simple to make, pretty looking cup cakes were made a few weeks ago when my nephew was staying with us, during the last few days of his summer vacation.
They are healthy considering its made of wheat flour, finely chopped cherries which are season in now and have Hershey's caramel as a surprise element at its centre. If you wish to make it even more indulgent like I did - I greased a piping bag with Nutella first by using a pastry brush and then added whipped cream.
And this is the finish product :)
I've also used refined oil here instead of unsalted butter, which made this cupcake super moist!!
Here's the ingredient list :
1 large cup - wheatflour
1 tbsp - Cocoa powder
1/2 cup - refined oil
2 eggs - whisked well
1 tsp - Vanilla extract
4 tbsp - finely chopped cherries
1/2 tsp - Baking powder
1/2 tsp - Baking soda
1/2 cup - Sugar
A pinch of salt
Hershey's caramel to place in the batter
Freshly whipped cream and Nutella for topping
Cup cake liners
1. In a mixing bowl- add eggs and vanilla essence whisk well until frothy
2. Next fold in refined oil and castor sugar
3. Add the dry ingredients - cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and fold in the flour little by little.
4. Finally add in finely chopped cherries
5. Pre heat the oven @ 180 C for 10 mins
6. Line up the cup cake moulds, fill them up half - place Hershey's kisses and pour in some more batter
7. Let it bake for 15mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Once the cup cakes are cool enough, pipe out the whipped cream and serve!
Top it up with a cherry !!